Prospective franchisees and existing franchisees alike have a vision. As franchise law attorneys, our job is to help ensure that vision is realized. You have our pledge to effectively fight for your interests from the moment we take your case. If you’re a franchisee who needs competent legal assistance, contact a skilled California franchise lawyer from FortmanSpann, LLC today to schedule your initial consultation with our firm.
Franchise Lawyer Serving Franchisees in California
FortmanSpann, LLC provides our franchisee clients with a wide array of legal services. Just some of the franchise law matters we’re proud to assist clients with are as follows:
Common Franchise Law Disputes
As a franchisee, there’s a chance you may find that your franchisor doesn’t have your best interests in mind. Unfortunately, this is something that happens more often than you may think in the business world. Though you’d like to imagine that your success equates to your franchisor’s success, this simply isn’t always the case. Franchisors often care most about their bottom line and will do anything to maximize their profits, even at your expense. Just some of the most common franchise law disputes we see and handle on behalf of our franchisee clients are as follows:
- Breach of Contract: Has your franchisor violated the terms of your contract in some way? If it has, you’re not alone. Unfortunately, it’s not entirely uncommon for franchisors to disregard the terms of their contracts if they think it may benefit them and that they can get away with it. This is deceitful and wrong, but with a competent California franchise lawyer in your corner, we can hold your franchisor accountable and bring them to an even playing field. Don’t face a breach of contract without an attorney you can depend on.
- Encroachment: Encroachment is when a franchisor allows a franchisee to open within a certain distance from another franchisee, which will, in turn, hurt the existing franchisee. For example, if a McDonald’s opens across the street from another existing McDonald’s, there’s a very good chance this will qualify as encroachment. If you hear plans of another franchisee opening in your area and would like to put a stop to it, pick up the phone and give us a call.
- Franchise Disclosure Document Violations: FDD violations occur when franchisors either fail to provide their franchisees with a franchise disclosure document in compliance with the FTC Rule, omit/misrepresent certain important information in the franchise disclosure document, or fail to provide an adequate cooling-off period.
We also handle the following franchise law disputes, among others, on behalf of our clients:
- Failure to renew
- Unreasonable system-wide changes
- Supply chain sourcing and pricing
- Non-compete clauses
- Franchise Renewals
- Franchise sales or transfers
If you’re facing any of the aforementioned issues with your franchisor, please don’t hesitate to give a California franchise lawyer from our legal team a call.
Contact a CA Franchise Lawyer Today
The bottom line is that if you are a franchisee and require the assistance of a legal team with extensive knowledge in franchise law, you’ve come to the right place. FortmanSpann, LLC is prepared to fight for you, each step of the way, and ensure your business is on track for success. If you have any questions about becoming a franchisee, need an attorney to litigate a dispute, or otherwise require our services, please don’t hesitate to contact FortmanSpann, LLC today to schedule your initial consultation with our seasoned legal team.