Becoming a successful franchisee is a dream of many, but, as you most likely know, it isn’t easy to get there. If you are either currently a franchisee or you are hoping to become one soon, you should strongly consider contacting a competent South Carolina franchise lawyer here at FortmanSpann, LLC. We are here to protect your interests at every turn.
Franchise Lawyer | Representing Franchisees in South Carolina
Franchisees often find themselves involved in disputes with their franchisors, and for a variety of reasons. Whether you’re in a dispute or need help drafting and enforcing a contract that minimizes the risk of future disputes, you can depend on us to get you the results you need. FortmanSpann, LLC is a proud representative of franchisees from all walks of life here in the state of South Carolina, and we are here to assist you as well.
Legal Services We Provide to SC Franchisees
Our legal team provides franchisees with a wide range of services pertaining to their businesses. Just some of those services deal with the following:
What Should I Know About Starting a Franchise in South Carolina?
There are several important points to discuss when it comes to owning and operating a franchise here in the state of South Carolina. If you’re looking to start your franchise, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Franchisors are governed by the South Carolina Secretary of State
- Disclosure and registration requirements are outlined in the South Carolina Franchise Investment Protection Act
- Franchisors are prohibited from engaging in deceptive practices under the South Carolina Unfair Practices Act
- Lopsided and unfair contracts are prohibited under the South Carolina Unconscionable Contracts Act
- South Carolina is not a franchise registration state
Contact FortmanSpann, LLC Today
Don’t make the mistake of hiring just any attorney to represent you; if you’re about to start a franchise or need help managing one, simply contact FortmanSpann, LLC today. Our firm is here to help guide you on the path to success.