Do you need an Oklahoma franchise lawyer to help you become a franchisee or handle a dispute with your franchisor? If so, you are in the right place. Contact FortmanSpann, LLC today so we can get started working on your case.
Franchise Lawyer | Here for Franchisees in the State of Oklahoma
FortmanSpann, LLC handles the gamut of franchise-related matters on behalf of our clients, including the following:
Becoming a Franchisee in Oklahoma
Here are some things you should know if you are interested in becoming a franchisee in the state of Oklahoma:
- Oklahoma is a non-registration state, which means you do not need to register with the state before offering or selling a franchise.
- Oklahoma has a business opportunity act that regulates the sale of business opportunities, which may include franchises. You can be exempt from the business opportunity act if you comply with the Federal Trade Commission’s Franchise Rule and deliver a valid Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD) to the prospective franchisee at least 14 days before signing a contract or receiving any payment.
- As a franchisee, you have the right to sell established products and use trademarks and proprietary knowledge of the franchisor. You also have the right to representation and access to the franchisor, to associate with other franchisees, and hold the reasonable right to renew the franchise.
- You are responsible for paying the franchise fee and royalties, finding, leasing and building out a location for the franchise, hiring and training employees, and running the business according to the standard expected of the franchisor.
- You may also benefit from financial assistance, national marketing and advertising, research and development, ongoing training, evaluation, advice, business development opportunities, and vendor recommendations from the franchisor.
- You should carefully review the FDD and consult with a lawyer before signing any franchise agreement. The FDD contains important information about the franchise system, costs, obligations, restrictions, litigation history, financial performance, and other disclosures.
Contact an Oklahoma Franchise Lawyer Today
Don’t go through the process of becoming a franchisee without a competent Oklahoma franchise lawyer from FortmanSpann, LLC. We have decades of experience representing franchisees in Oklahoma and throughout the United States, and we are here to put that experience to work for you.