Whether you’re someone who is just starting out and looking to purchase your very own franchise, or you’re already a franchisee and need help maximizing your business’ potential, our legal team is here to help. Contact a Michigan franchise lawyer from FortmanSpann, LLC today to schedule your initial consultation with our firm.
Franchise Lawyer | Serving Clients in Michigan & throughout the U.S.
Your business is your livelihood, but in many ways, it’s more than that. It’s a source of pride, something you started on your own and built from the ground up. If you need a legal team you can truly depend on to help you continue to grow, you’re in the right place.
Our Franchise Law Services
FortmanSpann, LLC handles a wide range of franchise law issues, including:
- Franchise Acquisition: There are few things more exciting than starting a business. If you’re prepared to become a franchisee, you should first consult with an experienced Michigan franchise lawyer who can assess the terms of your contract and ensure you’re not getting a raw deal. We can also walk you through all of the ins and outs of starting a franchise and how you can start off on the right foot.
- Franchisee Litigation: Most people think that the relationship between a franchisor and its franchisees is symbiotic, meaning that when a franchisee does well, so does the franchisor. In many ways, this is true, however, it’s not always the case. If a franchisor sees an opportunity to make more money that happens to harm an individual franchisee, they may very well take that opportunity. If this has happened to you, it’s critically important that you retain the services of a knowledgeable franchise lawyer who can fight for your best interests.
- Franchisee Associations: Often, individual franchisees are at the mercy of their franchisor. However, by forming a franchisee association, franchisees can band together, discuss what matters most to them/what they’d like to see changed, and voice their concerns to their franchisor at a much louder volume than an individual franchisee. If you would like to join or start a franchisee association, FortmanSpann, LLC can help. You just need to give us a call.
Starting a Franchise in Michigan
Some key takeaways for starting a franchise in Michigan are as follows:
- Michigan is a Franchise Registration State
- Michigan does not review the FDD, meaning it only requires the filing and registration of a Notice of Intent
- The filing fee is $250
Contact a Franchise Lawyer from FortmanSpann, LLC Today
The bottom line is that if you need a legal team who truly cares about you and the future of your franchise, all you need to do is contact FortmanSpann, LLC.